Saturday 14 July 2012

#12 Thankful



Thanksgiving 2011 has come and gone. Turkey and ham. Pies and cake. Friends and family.







old friends and new.  Family














makes me ponder...  what would it be like to not know that these are your people?  To look at them and feel no connection, even though they are your spouse, child, grandchild, friend.  Do the warm fuzzies you feel when you look at 'your people' go away?  Do you even see them when you look at them?





You can remember how to hold the yarn.  The needles.  But you can't remember the face of your child as she hands them to you.



I'm Thankful

Thankful that I remember who my mom was.  When I look at her, and see who she is today... sometimes it's hard to be thankful.  I try, really hard... 

I'm thankful for doctors.  For scientists.  For people that are working for a cure. 
I'm thankful for people that are helping to make a difference.

Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment