Sunday 19 August 2012

Why Blog?


Why not just knit? Last month I found myself wandering the streets of Victoria (no jokes ok?! i KNEW where I was!) I had gone into a yarn store there just to see if I could pick up something different and fun in the way of blue yarn. There was the softest and prettiest wools that I had ever seen! I felt as if I was in a 'wool zone' :) There was a lovely cashmere, and when I enquired if they had it in any shades of blue - the lady replied that no, they didn't.... "why blue?" she asked "are you working on a specific thing?"... ummmm yes.


 "What is it?" now another customer was in on the discussion (it's Victoria people...  they are soooo friendly!)   I talked.  They listened.  They were moved.
"You should blog this - no really you NEED to blog this!"...  hmmmm   "You'll raise more $ in donations"... ok you got me. 

so, thankyou to the sales clerk who helped me pick out a perfect pattern




(she obviously thought I knew how to knit!) and cotton to make it up with.  this scarf will probably end up being #25 because it will take me until December to figure it out!
 Thankyou to her for going into their store room to find 'ends' of blue yarn 
This random collection of yarn will be put together into one scarf...

If you're in Victoria and want to see beautiful yarn check out Button & Needlework Boutique.  If you like this blog... you can thank them.  If you don't... you can blame them ;) !!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful and wonderful idea, Heather. Your mom and dad were always so awesome to me and my brothers when we were kids and are an integral part of what made Boundary such a magical place - love them a lot.

    Love the idea and looking forward to hearing how the year goes. Good luck!

    Meg W.

    ReplyDelete