Friday 17 August 2012

Sister Scarf #3

Sister.   Deborah Roberta Walmsley (sorry about that middle name of yours!)  Deborah Roberta Meehan.    Daughter.  First Born of Audrey and Lawrie Walmsley.
This one is for you

For all of the trials (and laughter!) of this journey for mom, you have been at my side.  Sometimes you have been behind me, pushing me forward.  Lots of times you have been in front of me, leading the way.  I could not do what I do for mom without you.   Mom loves you. 


She loves the fact that you are a teacher, just like she was.  You have followed in her footsteps in the garden as well.  As Shirley Rush said.."It's just like the garden of Eden!"  Just like mom, you know the names of your plants (Their PLANT names.... I'm not implying that you actually 'name' your plants!... that would really be weird!) and like her, some of them carry memories....  the Astilbe that mom gave you...  The fact that you get so much enjoyment out of being in the dirt (mental image)... makes your mom smile.  The fact that you still tend her garden for her....  - that one is really hard.... it's like we're waiting for her to come back and say "WOW"!  But she is grateful to you for that.   So, when I handed her this scarf, and told her it was for you... guess what she said?   No, not "who?"!  she said "WOW"

Cool eh?!

so, Happy Birthday sister.  I love you.  more than you know.   Mom loves you, as much as you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment